Friday, February 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Vol 203)

7_quick_takes_sm1
By this time next week we will be into our THIRD month of 2013. Oh how time doth fly. Now if Spring would arrive early like Phil said it would. You know, you really shouldn’t trust the word of a Ground Hog…and yet we all do.

You know the academy rules. When the blather applause dies down you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of Oscar winner’s acceptance speeches, over to Conversion Diary to see what everyone else has been up to.

And the blather winner is……..
1.I am trying as hard as I can not to get HHBL’s cold. But I seem to be losing the battle. It is mind over body.
I will not get sick. I will not get sick. I will not get sick.

2.I love it when I can manage to do minor household repairs. It is the little things that make me happy.
Saturday morning HHBL mentioned that the shower light was out. Not a problem I thought. Yes, I know, that thought is always the kiss of death. I grabbed a new light bulb, grabbed the step ladder, entered the shower, pulled down the fixture covering….
And heard a “snap” sound. Not good. And then one side of the fixture covering swung down in an unnatural way. Darn it the plastic snapped.
2013-02-16 09.35.50
Oh dear, it is not supposed to look like that. I will admit that I stood there for a second and wondered if I could just fix it with some duct tape. But I decided that probably wasn’t all that good an idea.
SO off to Home Depot I went and sure enough there was the exact thing I needed and at a reasonable price and the fixture was fixed in no time.
Like I said, it is the little things.

3.I am in one of my “must have a smoothie every day” phases which isn’t generally a problem….
Except that it is Winter here in the Frozen Northeast Ohio and I make my smoothies with frozen fruit which is, by it’s very nature, COLD.
The smoothie is always so good going down and then I freeze and have to have a nice hot cup of tea.
And yet I cannot help myself. Smoothies trump freezing cold weather.

4.
Oh Julian Fellowes and Downton Abbey how you break my heart.
I will admit that I already knew what was going to happen. I had read detailed synosis of all the episodes and had watched all of them already……
And yet…….
Oh Matthew (even though Lady Mary is still a pain)!!! And wasn’t the part with Mr. Carson and Baby Sibbie just SOOOOO sweet.
My Downton friends and I have decided that if you have a baby on DA then you are doomed.
Lady Sybil + baby Sibbie = DEATH
Mathew Crawley and Lady Mary + baby boy = DEATH
And if you want to see how it would all play out on Facebook
If Downton Abbey Facebook Recap
Make sure that you go back and read ALL the recaps for the season. HILARIOUS!
And for a different take on the Season 3 ending.

5.
I am going to make a confession that will make all my “Les Miz” friends throw up their hands and say, “It CANNOT be true!”
The first time that HHBL and I went to see Les Miserables………….
I didn’t like it.
And that is being kind.
Erica stop YELLING at me!!! I said the FIRST time. Now, oh now I love it. In fact, I cannot seem to stop listening to the 25th Anniversary live production.
Oh love, love, love. It is playing even as I write this. Thank goodness no one is here but me so I can sing at the top of my lungs.

6.
2013-02-17 07.28.51
For some reason I missed the memo that we were going to get 6+ inches of snow on Saturday night. I woke up Sunday morning and there it was all fluffy and white. And we got another couple of inches during the day.
Then it all melted by Monday night.
And then there was snow again Tuesday. AND again last night.
Tomorrow I think we might actually get some sleet and freezing rain. SWEET! Especially as I have to get on a plane in the morning.
Life is just a bundle of fun.

7.We just get done eating all the Valentines Day candy and they go and put out all this stuff for Easter!!
It is a vast candy conspiracy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.