Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things that Make Me Happy (Vol 4)

Some days you just need to do a list like this in order to remind yourself that there are things that just make you happy. Especially on a day like this when we have a Winter Storm Warning. Now that isn’t really an unusual thing in my neck of the woods but it is still a pain in the bahookie. I have to go and shovel the front walk from the last snow dump and then I will have to do it again later on. Rats.

It is also good to do a list like this on a day when my head is attempting to separate itself from my neck in a most violent fashion. It isn’t pretty when I get one of these headaches and they don’t happen too often but when they do……just stay out of my way, especially since I have pointy sticks in my hand and I know how to use them!

So without further ado…..

- baking bread which I think I am going to do this afternoon. There is NOTHING that tastes better than freshly baked bread slathered with butter. Be still my palpitating heart. I may have mentioned this one in an early volume but it bears repeating.
- the smell of other countries. Every country has it’s own smell.
- my flannel sheets. Oh how I love them.
- Cuzquena beer. Unfortunately I can’t seem to find it in the USA, only in Peru.
- my mother’s Deviled Eggs. Hard as I try I can’t seem to make mine taste the same. They are SOOOOOO good.
- a lovely, warm cup of tea with milk and sugar.
- my passport. I know that sounds silly but it tickles me when I look at it and can see stamps from Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, India, Dominican Republic and other places.
- the silence of my house, broken only by the ticking of the grandfather clock.
- An Old Fashioned Girl by Lousia May Alcott. It makes me happy.
- a new skein of yarn with all the possibilities still ahead.
- Kalamata olives. Oh the joy. I think I will have some on my salad.
- the sound of rain at night. Not having too much of that right now. Snow doesn’t make much noise and besides, I don’t have the window open.

If you want to see some of the other things that make me happy you can find them here. I can’t promise that there won’t be “overlaps”. I am a simple girl after all.
Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3

4 comments:

  1. What a nice list. I may use this idea for a future post on my blog and I'll give you credit for the idea!

    We're under a winter storm warning here in northern Indiana too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...fresh, warm, buttered bread. You are a genius :) Therefore, so am I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I'd like to get my passport, too, and use it at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have a copy of An Old Fashioned Girl. I might have to dig it out today since the kids and I are in the process of being snowed in. Sorry about your head. Migraine days are bad days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.