Friday, February 12, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 57)

7_quick_takes_sm

Goodness where does the time fly to?

1.
Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah!!! Today starts the Winter Olympics. This evening I will be casting on a sweater at 9p on the dot and celebrating with these people…
IMG_4158Who are these people you ask? You did ask didn’t you? These are my knitting peeps and we are Tri-County Knitaholics. I can hardly wait. 

2.
HHBL has been traveling for most of the week. There was a time, a few years ago, when he traveled a fair amount. And I was used to him being gone every other week for most of the week. But I have gotten used to him being home most of the time. So when he travels it throws me off. And not having any kids at home…..it is really sort of creepy here at night. Thank goodness for Max the guard dog.

HHBL will be home later tonight. Hurrah!!!

3.
I didn’t put this picture in with my tribute, yesterday, to my Grandma Amsler. It is one of my favorites so I thought I would put it here. Try not to be dazzled by my incredibly short hair. That is the way that I had it for 15 years. I loved it….then.

IMG_4353A
4.
I was in serious need of some cat cuddling this week. So I had to resort to borrowing one of LookLeap’s cats. She has two cats, brothers in fact. I remember seeing them when they were wee little kittens at the shelter. They were so cute. They are still cute but….rather wary of people. The only reason that Panda allowed this was because one of the girls picked him up and handed him to me.
IMG_5031Oh yes, that cat looks SOOOOOO happy doesn’t he. Now what you need to know is if I go over to the house and it is just me, and I am feeding them then I am their BFF. “Oh we love you! Oh we love that you feed us! We need more food because our owners never feed us enough!” But then when I am visiting and LookLeap is there it is all turn their backs and walk away.

I feel used.

But I still got a really good cat cuddle in.

5.
I am still in the “Peru recovery” mode therefore my house is not picked up, the laundry isn’t quite done and I have not been productive. I haven’t even gotten all the way through all the pictures I took! But I did want to show you one picture, taken in the supermarket.

Yes I took pictures in the supermarket. Why are you surprised?
IMG_1829AI just wanted to laugh, well actually I did laugh. I love names of things in other countries. Can you just hear the ad…..
                  “Bimbo! announces the arrival of Bimboletes.” 

6.
I have to say that I am ready for the latest round of snow to be done with. I know, I know, I live in an area where is snows a lot. Why am I complaining right? I am complaining because I can and because it is winter and because we have another 8 inches on the ground on top of the 20 inches that we already had. And because I don’t want to go out and shovel the front walk….again.

7.
Well, Sunday is Valentines Day. One of the things that I don’t really miss now that the girls are grown up is picking out and helping with Valentines cards for all the kids in their particular classes. I know that is something that a lot of mom’s seem to love to do. But not me. Three daughters with three very different likes in Valentines Day cards and then there is what candy do you buy and do you tape it to the card and who will send a card. EGADS! No wonder I have gray hair.

Now all I have to do is get a card for HHBL, which I have already done. I sent Valentines “care packages” off to the girls long ago. I am golden.

6 comments:

  1. You know, I realized this year that I also missed picking out boxes of Valentine's with my kids for their school parties. I did actually send each of my own a Valentine though.

    As always, I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that excited about the winter Olympics. I live in Houston... I don't GET it. Skiing? What? Who cares? But I think I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'll just enjoy it for the fun and sport of it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cracking up at the Bimbo/bimbolettes thing. That is hilarious!

    I'm casting on for the olympics tonight too! I'm a little nervous about finishing by the end, but I'm going to give it my best try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep missing snow, so hearing others complain about it is actually good for me. I grew up in NH and it is so odd to live through an entire winter with *no* snow. We're not even getting the current southern snow storm!

    All that to say, complain if it makes you feel better. You never know how many readers you may be helping. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! Bimbos. If only men knew they could just head to the grocery store for a quick peep...

    Cats are fickle that way, huh? So flirty and doting when you're doing just what they require of you, but utterly disgusted by you when YOU are the one in need. Why do we love them?! Oh yeah - because right now I can just feel that silky soft fur on my cheek...they're like drugs. Cataholism.

    Wait. That just looks like Catholicism. Different thing entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I love your hair long. And now I am regretting having cut my white curly chemo hair for the first time since last summer's baldness. I think I would have loved it like yours!!!! It's not just you. I also so an old friend, a woman ten years older than I, who has magnificent long white hair that she wears up in a soft bun. She looks so womanly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.