Friday, January 27, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol 151)

7_quick_takes_sm

Oh the Winter doldrums are in full swing. We haven’t seen the sun for most of the week. And it is snowing.

So lets blather!

Remember, when you are done reading my dull and humdrum side splitting Quick Takes, click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of the snow falling outside my window, over to Conversion Diary.

1.
As if I didn’t have a bazillion other things to do in life…

I have decided that I need to play around with dyeing yarn. It is really all Bonnie’s fault. She just had to go and dye some yarn and then talk about it on her blog. And she had to talk about it at knitting night. And it doesn’t look all that difficult….

Famous last words…..

So I am just going to experiment a bit before I jump in full force.

IMG_5814

Did you know you can dye yarn with Kool-Aid? Well you can. And once I have done this then I will come back and show you the results.

Wish me luck.

2.
It doesn’t take much to make us happy here at Chez Knit. We started getting the Wall Street Journal again.

YIPEEEEEEEEE!

It is SO expensive to get the WSJ so several years ago we canceled it. Oh did I miss it. But after a time they start sending you the “We miss you” letters and the “We want you back” emails and then they off a fabulous deal (which will only last a year or so). AND we could get it plus the online addition all for one low price.

Sign me up!

It was so nice to power up the WSJ on the ipad and lay in bed to read it last night. The high of luxury.

3.
Still loving Pinterest.

Just thought you would want to know.

But I have no idea how I am ever going to cook/bake/make/take all the things that I have pinned.

4.
It has been so hard to come down off of our “holiday sugar high”. Man oh man. I will admit that we usually have a small supply of chocolate of some kind that I keep in a jar in the closet in my office. But HHBL and I felt that it should not be refilled for a while. It isn’t that we eat a bag of candy a week, far from it, but we just needed to go as close to clod turkey on the chocolate and candy as we could.

But there are times every day when I find myself wandering through the kitchen and into the pantry to find something sweet. And there isn’t anything…

Well, other than that Hersheys candy bar that I found and consumed.

It is hard.

I want candy.

5.
Because I don’t have ANYTHING ELSE to do around here at Chez Knit. And also to dovetail with my “use it or clean it out” mode. I am going through all my cook books to see which ones I want to keep. I don’t have vast quantities of cook books, only about 30-40, but I was struck by how dusty some of them where when I cleaned recently. If some of them were covered with dust that must mean that I hadn’t pulled them out for a while let alone cleaned in that area. And so, in keeping with the whole trying to be a better meal planner etc. I have been going through them, flagging the recipes I want to try, putting the recipes, title only and type of recipe, into a data base so that they will be easier to find.

Stop looking at me as if I am some nerdy overachieving geek.

Databases are good. And I was born to spreadsheet.

If the cook book is one that I can’t find at least 10 recipes that I would like to try then it goes bye bye.

That hasn’t happened yet but the theory is good.

6.
Hard as it is to believe, I might have had a bit too much coffee on Wednesday.

I know! I didn’t think it was possible.

I had the usual gallon upon arising. And then at Bible Study we had our “before discussion monthly get together” and Kathy brought an entire “to go” container of coffee from Brueggers Bagels and I filled up the travel mug and drank that down. I remember thinking at the time that this might not be a wise idea. But I did it anyway.

I was like the energizer bunny until right about 4p.

Then I came down from the caffeine high and bottomed out and was perhaps a bit comatose.

But it was fun while it lasted.

7.
It is snowing today. And it also rained. And it is cloudy and cold. So we need some humor.

Monty Python is always funny. I just needed them today.

Oh fine, just one more then.

I can’t seem to stop myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.