Monday, March 1, 2010

You Found Me How? (Vol 2)

Yes fans and lurkers (you know who you are), it is time for another scintillating round of “You Found Me How?” The posts where I look at the internet searches that have brought people to my blog. There is no guarantee that they stayed around after they were here mind you. My “followers” has risen to stratospheric levels, nor has my daily count of people visiting.

Did you get the hint about the “followers”?

Do I need to be more forceful. I can if need be. I get perverse pleasure from bending others to my will.

Don’t make me come and find you.

What? How people found me? That is what I am supposed to be telling you about? Oh yes, I um, sort of got sidetracked there. Sorry

So, in no particular order of hilarity or weirdness here are some of the internet searches that have brought you here.

1. Dog ate a cake. Well, I can understand that one. If you remember this particular post about one of Max’s little incidents.

2. How to avoid being an open book. Well why would you want to do that? It is so much easier to just lay it all out on the table and be what you are. Be free readers, be free! Be open!

3. Driving Rules in Peru. I thought we had gone over this here. There are no discernable driving rules in Peru that I was able to see. It is every man for himself. Damn the torpedos men, full speed ahead! Every man for himself when driving! If it feels right do it!

4. Sporcle British Kings & Queens. OK, first of all I had no idea what a “sporcle” was. So I had to google that, or more precisely do a Swagbucks search. Evidently Sporcle is a trivia game. Why have I never heard of this before? I just went there to see what it was and it was an hour before I even remember that I was supposed to be working on a blog post! Evidently this search brought the visitor to this post. I didn’t even remember the post and had to recreate the search by….typing in “sporcle british kings & queens”. Yup, third down on the search list was the blog post.

Um, just as an aside, if anyone is interested in learning more about Swagbucks I would be glad to send you a referral. I LOVE Swagbucks seaches.

5. My wife is obsessed with knitting. And that is a problem because why?

6. What is pig butts. If you have to do an internet search to find out then I am wondering about your school education.

7. Ohio law open car door oncoming traffic. I just don’t know what to say about this one. I really don’t. That you searched for it makes me fearful of driving on the same roads that you might inhabit.

8. Collecting too many coffee mug quotes. OK, this one also required me to do a Google search to figure out how they came up with my blog. It was this post, which you didn’t get to until the second page of the search.

9. Sock fetish. Well, I understand about this but I am not sure that my sort of sock fetish is the same as what they were googling.

That’s all for now. I don’t think I can take too many more.

7 comments:

  1. Some of the google searches that arrive at my blog are strange, strange indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll 'fess up. I found you at Conversion Diary. I've found almost all of my regulars on the Quick Takes posts. Keep on blogging. I really enjoy your take on things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You either pm'd me on ravelry or commented on my blog. I can't remember for sure, but I sure enjoy your blog. And we are neighbors, after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Chris, I think I commented on your blog first and then found you on Ravelry. And yes we are neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I'm asking a "duh" question...but HOW do you know what google searches led people to you? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamara, not a "duh" question at all. I use "Statcounter" which gives me a ton of information like how many people visit the site and if they did an internet search and got to the site what they typed in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, peculiar, yet very funny! Who knew?

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.