Monday, June 21, 2010

There Are Those Days…….

I did have a wonderful post all planned on a Cleveland Indians baseball game that we attended a little time back.

I know, you are thinking that that couldn’t be all that pleasant considering that they are just horrible this year and that if there is a way to lose a game they will find it.

But the post isn’t done. HHBL and I had fun and the Indians actually managed to win a game and there were fireworks and other things……maybe it will be done tomorrow.

I apologize from the bottom of my shriveled little heart. I really do.

This is all that I can come up with today because, after I did my Monday errands, did I mention that I do my errands on Monday and have for the past 25 years? Don’t make me do grocery shopping on any other day because I am not sure that I could. It would just throw my gray matter into a tizzy and then what would happen.

I am afraid to contemplate it.

Oh, yes…so after I did all my errands and came home I decided to finish up a pair of socks that I had been knitting.

These are what I have finished
IMG_6948Their official name is “Oh How They Sparkle” and they really do. The sock yarn has this sparkly quality to it that you just can’t see in the picture. If it wasn’t 85F today then I might actually have them on my feet.
But I don’t think so.

They are the companion to these 
img_5996 These are “Sparkly Heels and Toes” and yes they do. These lovelies went to live with my momma for Mother’s Day and every day after that. They will keep her tootsies warm and red is her favorite color.


The yarns were a gift from my dear friend Cindy (Hi Cindy!!) to help with my recovery, last year, from that little bit of surgery that I had. There was definitely enough to get two pairs of socks out of them (and more left over!) and I have finally gotten around to doing them. They turned out lovely if I do say so myself (patting self on back).

And when I was done then I cast on the next pair of socks. I will tell you all about that later I would guess.
AND tonight is knitting night with my knitting siblings……….

Playing with pointy sticks. I do that so that I don’t kill people.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter is a knitter but I'm not. However, when I see lovelies like these it almost makes me want to learn. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come over to the dark side Cindy! We have yarn...and cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always impressed when I see your finished products!!

    I mentioned you on my blog today! :) Coincidentally, it was about socks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.