Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Internet is Finally back

Well, I had another post planed for today....but then we had an earthquake.

I am not kidding about the earthquake. I will tell you about it on Friday I think.

And then we had storms that knocked out the cable, which means that I don't have internet.

How rude!

Thankfully the cable didn't go out when I was watching the USA-Algeria World Cup Soccer game. Now that might have really made my blood boil.

But once I got the internet back then I just had to go on and find some useless information. My day wasn't going to be complete until I could add to my wealth of useless info. The progeny will tell you that my gray matter is stuffed with useless facts. I mean, I am sure that some day I will have to quickly tell someone the names of the 4 Japanese aircraft carriers that were sunk at the battle of Midway. It is important.

At any rate, I was surfing the 'net once I could get back on and I stumbled upon the list of names for the 2010 Hurricane Season.

Cool.

So here they are for your edification. I am helpful that way.

Bonnie
Colin
Danielle
Earl
Fiona
Gaston
Hermine
Igor
Julia
Karl
Lisa
Matthew
Nicole
Otto
Paula
Richard
Shary
Tomas
Virginie
Walter

I just hope we don't get all the way down the list because I just can't imagine a Hurricane Walter. It just doesn't fit some how.

4 comments:

  1. I googled the earthquake. It was a 5.5 centered along the southern borders of Ontario & Quebec. That's a looong way away!! I can't believe we felt it! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing. Walter...just doesn't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People here in Indiana supposedly felt the quake too but not me.

    I agree about Hurricane Walter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed...I hear the name Walter and I immediately think of Brennan and then I think of Grandpa (yes, I know I just dated myself). I know I would probably have to laugh if someone said Hurricane Walter is coming ~ run for you lives.

    I read the earthquake was felt in Maryland as well. Something to do with the way the east coast is that allows tremblors to travel great distances. Great...an earthquake in Canada will get us just as Hurricane Walter hits. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.