Monday, March 12, 2012

The Blimp, And I Do Mean Goodyear

Imagine a quiet Saturday evening here at Chez Knit. The day is almost done. The sun is going down. Peace and quiet reigns.

And then there is a noise.

It starts out slow and sort of hum like. Then gradually gets louder and louder and right over the house.

HHBL: Man that plane sure sounds like it is flying low and over our house.

Me: Yes it does, and sounds pretty…..Hey WAIT A MINUTE! 

I run to the windows and look out, totally freaking Max out with my over exuberance and interest. 

Holy COW!!! Where is my camera! I have to have my camera! Dang it I don’t have the 85mm on it!! I will just have to make do.
IMG_6526A
Holy Schlomoly Andy it is the Goodyear Blimp!! Just slowly floating by on the breeze.

Right over our house. 

IMG_6527A
These photos were taken with my dinky little stock lens 18-55mm so that tells you how close this thing really was. And LOUD.

IMG_6528
Max the Magnificent was totally freaked out by the entire experience. He didn’t know what it was but he knew he had to bark at it and run around in the yard to keep it away.

YOU MAY NOT COME IN MY YARD!!! DON’T YOU LAND IN MY YARD!!! I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUT YOU BETTER NOT COME IN MY YARD!!!!

Sorry for the less than stellar picture. Chalk it up to low light, standard lens and the fact that I was laughing.

IMG_6530
But all too soon the blimp drifted away from the house and on to wherever it was going. Perhaps back home since it is docked in Akron and that isn’t too far away.

IMG_6531
Good bye Mr. Blimp.

It doesn’t take much to make me happy evidently.

1 comment:

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.