Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 94–The Deer Don’t Like Me

Day 94 - The Deer Don't Like Me

That is why Daffodils are the only spring blooming blubs that are planted here at Chez Knit.

The deer don’t eat them.

I don’t even bother with tulips. I don’t even think about tulips except in the abstract. You see tulips bring out the evil in deer. They truly do. The marauders from the woods deer wait and watch in the Spring. They wait for the tulips to come up and set their blossoms. And then the night before those beautiful blossoms are supposed to open and show forth their glory…

BAM!

Stalks and no flowers are what will greet you in the morning.

And you will hear the faint snotty deer laughter from the woods.

But not the daffy dills. They come up and are bright and sunny. The deer don’t even take a nibble. All they can do is look at them and wish for a better tasting flower.

Daffodils are my way of thumbing my nose at the deer.

I’ll take what I can get.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.