Thursday, June 7, 2012

Soothing Is The Color Purple

When we first moved into Chez Knit the back garden was a blank slate. Heck the back garden wasn’t even there for the first year that we lived here. It was a pile of muddy nothingness at the bottom of the deck steps. A place to be avoided.

Then after a year or so we had a landscaper come and put in the brick paths. But the beds were mine to do with as I chose.

And obviously I chose to put in a lot of Hosta and Day Lilies. Well, the Day Lilies were actually scattered all over the place for the first year or so. And then I relaized that they had to all be congregated and protected in the back. The deer just decimated them otherwise.

So a lot of work has gone into this private back garden.

But after 12 years here at Chez Knit…….

IMG_8502

It is a place to sit and relax and sooth away the craziness of the day.

IMG_8504

One of these days I am going to figure out the name of this clematis. For some reason I didn’t save the tag that had the name on it when I planted it all those years ago. But it is the most wonderful clematis that I have even planted. Look at the blossoms on this thing!!! I could just sit and look at it all afternoon long. The only other thing that would make it perfect is if the blossom had a lovely smell. Oh well.

IMG_8489IMG_8490IMG_8492

IMG_7710A

Mr. Bug taking a ride on one of the blossoms. If that is an aphid I am going to be very unhappy.

IMG_8497A

The first of the Day Lily are beginning to blossom. This one is Stella D’Oro. And that means that if there are Day Lily blossoms coming on that I now have to begin the intensive spraying program so that the four footed garden destroyers deer don’t lay waste to the beauty.

IMG_1945A

Did you say that the Day Lily are blooming? I will be right over for the dinner buffet!

IMG_8503

And I have also decided that my garden bench needs some sprucing up. After tomorrow the wooden slats will be Candy Apple red.

Yes, I said Candy Apple red.

I can hardly wait.

IMG_9260A

Candy Apple red? Alpha what has come over you??

1 comment:

  1. Lovely garden. I have that same bench...I'm planning on replacing the wood slats this summer ~ however it is far down on the list of things to do so it could actually be fall before it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.