Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Today is Memorial Day. What will you be doing today that to honor the men and women who have paid the ultimate price to purchase our freedom? I wrote here about the history of Memorial Day.

We enjoy relative safety here in our little bubble in the United States and that is due to the men and women in our military. Never forget to thank them whenever you see them. You would be amazed at the number of times I stop to thank someone in uniform and they tell me that it is the first time that anyone has ever done that. Thank someone who has served previously.

I will be spending time today knitting on big Olive Drab socks for Socks for Soldiers. This current pair will be the 5th pair for the year and we need A LOT more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.