Friday, February 22, 2008

Overrun

Sock yarn, sock yarn everywhere. This little pile represents the increase to my sock yarn stash that has happened JUST THIS WEEK, for the love of Pete. I have absolutely no control when it comes to sock yarn. There are some really soft Superwash Merino from KnitPicks, and several hand dyed hanks (that cost a arm and a leg), some Panda Cotton which is made with bamboo. Lovely, lovely.

I am relatively new to the art of knitting socks but I love it. To be honest, the urge to knit socks was one of the reasons that I took up knitting again. They are so much fun and when you are wearing a pair of hand knit socks people look at you like you are a genius. I try to encourage that part of it, I need all the help that I can get.

Another advantage of hand knit socks is that they are warmer on my feet and in my part of the country, in the good old wintertime that is a real plus.

You know that it is a serious kind of knitting addiction when you are willing to plunk down $27 for enough yarn to make ONE, yes I said ONE pair of socks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.