Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why Do I Keep These Part Ad Infinitum

iPhonography. Did you even know that such a thing existed. We all take pictures with our phones. We snap selfies and landscapes and food and the occasional pet.

And what happens when to those pictures after you are done snapping away? Are they deleted when your phone will no longer take a photo cuz there is just no more room. You know who you are on that one. All the photos that were a good idea at the time……

If you are me (and don’t we all wish we were), then you do a bi-weekly “photo dump” from iPhone to computer.

And don’t think about it again until you realize that there are A LOT of pictures in that file on the computer and maybe you need to look through some of them and decide if you should keep them.

Since 2014 is another year of clean out here at Chez Knit, especially photo clean out, I thought I might regale you with some of the, shall we say, lesser iPhone endeavors that I have found on my computer hard drive.

Once I humiliate myself then I will feel OK to hit the delete button. Everyone has to have their own form of motivation. And possibly explanation for why I took the photos in the first place.

2013-03-07 14.24.36

I don’t even think we should discuss my closet love affair with McDonald’s cheese burgers. The perfect mixture of salt, fat and preservatives all packaged as food.

2013-07-13 20.52.52

I might be in trouble after posting this. We call those recliners the “Chairs of Inevitable Sleep”. Obviously.

2013-09-05 18.59.17

Does anyone, and that includes me, care that I stood next to Jim Tressell (former coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes) and sneakily took a picture.

This one definitely goes in the delete bin.

2013-08-17 16.14.54

I was bummed when forced to throw out my cheese stick science experiment. It had sat in the cheese drawer of the refrigerator for EIGHT years and still wasn’t moldy. Some people objected to moving this very important contribution to the world of science.

I don’t understand why.

2013-08-07 14.52.39

This is my foot having a foot massage by a very nice young woman who spoke no English. She is actually filing my heels.

TMI?

2013-08-19 09.28.37

Genius. Sheer genius. But I am still not going to keep the picture. I might, however, go out and buy some of these.

2013-08-15 08.41.49

I have absolutely no idea. And yet, I went ahead and downloaded it to my computer. The mind boggles.
2013-08-12 17.49.42

HHBL and I were moving an old King size mattress out to the curb before the move. I made him stop so that I could take a picture of this feat of super human strength.

He just shakes his head at these things.

2013-03-30 08.23.57

Can someone remind me why I took a picture of pigeons on the sidewalk?

2013-08-15 11.46.39-1

Alpha, why are you taking yet another picture of my nose in such a way that it makes me look like the canine equivalent of Jimmy Durante?

2013-09-06 17.36.42

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Short shorts, a white t-shirt AND a clutch purse. My fashion sense amazes me sometimes.

And obviously I didn’t take this one with my iPhone considering this was taken in 1978 and I wouldn’t have even contemplated a phone that wasn’t connected by a cord to the wall. If you wanted to have a “private” conversation and your roommate was in the room you had to take the ROTARY telephone, stretch the cord as far as it would go, slide the cord under your dorm room door, take the phone physically out into the hall and then talk in a very quiet voice.

Good times.

I have no idea how this photo got from my computer hard drive TO my iphone and then back again.

Magic?

I will be staring in iPhone Photo Hoarders soon.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for opening your photo world to us. I always find your humor to be heart lifting - and I am in love with your dear Max! It has to be those amazing eyes and sort of Don King hair - ah... that would be fur.... (Don't let my Chucky know how I feel about Max... not that he would care too much - his world is ball, ball, treat, ball!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one question...does Nancy know you put this picture of her on your blog? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I expect that when Nancy see the blog post she is going to send a team of deadly nurse ninjas to take me out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.