Friday, August 17, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol 178)

7_quick_takes_sm

Well another week has come and gone and we are one step closer to massive snow fall. Gee Deb great way to perk up the day there. You know the drill. When you are full to overflowing with my blather make sure that you click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of Joe Biden’s verbal gaffes, over to Conversion Diary.

Keep Calm and Blather On.

1.
I believe that I am close to saturation point on pickle making for the year. HHBL isn’t fond of pickles so I am the only one who eats them, unless Shoe Queen is visiting and then she consumes dill pickles.

I have made a bunch of pickles this year. I am overrun with pickles. I eat them every day and they are deeeeeeeelicious.

Next up will be tomato sauce.

2.
The second cantaloupe has been harvested from the garden, this morning in fact, and I can say with absolute certainty that….

It was DELICIOUS.

Or at least my half of it was. They are small and sweet and I consumed mine almost immediately. I savored it a bit, displaying an admirable amount of self control…and then I fell on it like Paris Hilton on a shoe sale.

3.
And speaking of the garden…..

We are over run with tomatoes. Swimming in them. Drowning in them. Last year was such a dismal year for tomatoes that I think we forgot how many pounds of the bright little orbs can be produced in a good tomato year. And for all the Romas that I picked today there are 5 times as many still on the vines waiting to ripen.

Can you say Spaghetti sauce.

And salsa. Definitely salsa.

And MORE BLTs. And Caprese Salad.

OH be still my beating heart. 

4.
Let the bells ring for joy. I actually finished a scrap booking project this week.

I know, I know. Whoopdee do. Hey I have to look for joy where I can find it.

There is a longer post in the works about my scrapping journey but for now know that it is a major accomplishment these days to get any scrapping done. The mojo is gone, perhaps permanently. But whether the mojo is gone or not I still need and want to get the pictures into albums. That just means that I have to schedule specific blocks of time to go and work. And then stick to those times and not find something else to do.

There always seems to be something else to do. Funny how that works.

5.
104-0491_IMG

Oh yes I am so enjoying the continuing scan project. There are so many photo blackmail possibilities.

6.
Now that the Olympics have finally concluded my TV consumption has plummeted thank goodness. How many different sporting events can any one person watch? I gave it my best effort I can tell you. And then when it is all done I have that “Olympics watching let down”. And I have to spend time detoxing.

If I don’t TV detox afterwards I will find myself sitting in front of the tube with the remote in my hand (at Chez Knit that would be expressed as sittin’ in front of the boob tube with the clicker in hand) just cycling through vast numbers of channels and never actually watching something.

I hate it when I do that. An hour will go by and I won’t know where it went and I won’t have actually watched anything worth while. So I am trying to stick to Netflix and other DVDs for the time being with the occasional recorded show. I mean I cannot miss Drop Dead Diva now can I?

7.
The wildlife here at Chez Knit have been ultra busy this week. In no particular order of loudness or unusualness this is what I have seen or heard this week.

The coyotes singing VERY loudly and VERY close. It was their “we have killed and now we will eat” song.

Hummingbird wars. At one point I had four of them hovering and diving and chirping around the feeder by the office. Talking hummer smack and get on in your face. I am surprised that some of them didn’t have baseball caps on sideways and baggy pants pulled down low over their little hummer butts. Sorry, I said butt.

Cats having a major fight in the yard after dark. Someone was VERY unhappy and there was much yeowling and growling. And no it wasn’t cats getting all happy happy joy joy. That is an entirely different sound.

Deer grazing the landscape buffet.

Turkeys, loads of turkeys. And no I don’t mean politicians, although Joe Biden was in town recently.

Skunk smell in abundance, although they seem to hang out more on LaurenLeap’s side of the street.

Sometimes I feel like we live in a zoo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.