Friday, August 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol 176)

7_quick_takes_sm

Good golly where has the summer gone. How can it be August already? Can someone slow down time for me? Thanks so much.

Remember the rules. After you have slowly and thoughtfully digested my blather you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of Michael Phelps, over to Conversion Diary to see what everyone else is doing with their time.

Take your marks.

BLATHER!

1.
I love having long hair. I am so over my 15 years of rebellion and brutally short hair.

But there is one downside to long hair. And it is a downside that I really, really hate.

Cleaning out the shower drain. And I don’t just mean cleaning the drain surface of the hair that collects there right after a shower. No, I mean the other cleaning out. The cleaning out that requires taking the plate off the drain and sticking my little “drain cleaning out tool” down there and pulling up all the gunk that is down there.

I. Hate. It.

Guess what I have to do right after I finish with this blog post.

I am definitely getting it done BEFORE lunch.

2.
Are you watching the Olympics? I am as much as is possible. Yesterday it was only a bit in the evening.

I will admit that I sometimes check on the outcome of certain competitions so that I know what I want to watch later on in the evening. And I am having trouble staying up to watch the whole thing in the evening.

11p is not my friend.

3.
And speaking of the Olympics, I am making progress on my Dwarrowdelf Stole. It will have another name when I am finished but I just haven’t decided what yet.

I am finding that I need to set a much slower knitting pace when working with this particular pattern. There are a lot of yarn overs and double decreases and Twisted to front and back with double decrease and yarn over combos. Yikes.

I have had to frog back and start over several times. That seems to happen right before I put in the first life line. And I cannot knit on this thing late in the evening. I have to have all my wits about me and as we all know, my wits go to bed even earlier than I do.

I will post a picture when I am a bit farther along.

I will tell you that there is a mistake on the first half of the back panel. I didn’t see it until I was WAY beyond that point, several life lines later. I have decided that I can live with it.

4.
Monday was a great day……

The new “freezerless refrigerator” arrived. SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Until my old 2nd refrigerator gave out I didn’t really realize how much I depended on it. These last several weeks have been full of juggling stuff in the frig and re-arranging and stuff like that. A real pain in my patookis. But now Bessie is installed and the minute she was cold enough I made the mass move of things into the garage refrigerator.

Thank you Papa and Mimi!!!

5.
The garden is producing more and more things. We are about to be inundated with beans. All I can say to that is Oh. Yum. I have cooked some and frozen some.

There have been cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, shallots, basil. We have acorn squash that is ripening, cantaloupes, watermelons, beets, potatoes and Brussels sprouts that are making good progress.

The tomato production is going to be pretty massive compared to the last two years.

Homemade sauce here I come.

6.
The bees have found the hummingbird feeders. Not a boat load of anything that I can do about it now. The hummingbirds and the bees duke it out every day and then seem to decide that they can live in buzzing harmony at the moment.

And I have to admit that it is a bit interesting to watch the bees hard at work.

7.
Come September I am going to have the privilege of photographing this young lady’s wedding.

IMG_9339Lovely

I have known Hannah a long time, her mom and I have been friends since 1995 for a few years now and I was so excited when they called to ask if I would shoot the wedding.

Hannah, Linda (her mom), Carolyn (her grandma), Ginny (coordinator) and I spent late afternoon yesterday checking out the beach park where Hannah and Matt will be getting married. We had a picnic, talked photos and I laughed and laughed. These women are seriously funny.

September 2 is going to be a boat load of fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.