Friday, December 2, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 144)

7_quick_takes_sm

Can you believe it! Another week gone by. Another week closer to Christmas. Another week when I didn’t get nearly enough done. Oh well.

You know the rules. After fully reading, thinking about and digesting my blather click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of Herman Cain’s falling poll numbers, over to Conversion Diary.

And here comes the blather.

1.
Did you notice? I managed to make it ALL the way through NaBloPoMo.

I’m still geekin’ out about it!

There were several times when I just figured that I would throw in the blogging towel and say the heck with it. But then I pulled up my big girl panties and got on with it.

Now my bloggy brain thinks that I should just keep on posting every single day. See how far I can go with it.

Not that I cam competitive or anything.

2.
My crazy need to make things and my perfectionism almost got the better of me yesterday. I decided that I needed to make some Christmas ornaments to give to my prayer partners at our monthly breakfast, which happened to be this morning.

And then I decided that I was going to crochet them.

And I don’t crochet all that often.

And then I had to find just the right pattern.

And then I had to go and buy some crochet hooks cuz I didn’t have the right size.

And then I had to try out the different patterns until I found one that I could actually do thought was right.

IMG_4837
My brain was as scrambled as this pile of discarded ornament starts. But I finally found one that I liked. And I managed to crochet 9 of them by 9p.

IMG_4836

They are either hearts…

Or evil faces.

But I am going for hearts.

This must be why I do not crochet all that much. Knitting is my forte.

3.
I have discovered the most fabulous addition to a basic ham sandwich.

I was fiddling around yesterday with what to have for lunch.

Ham, yes. Provolone cheese, yes. Mustard and mayo, yes.

And then my eyes lit upon a small jar of peach jam that LookLeap had made over the summer.

Say now! That might be an interesting addition. And let me tell you that it is over the top good.

So good that I had another one today for lunch.

4.
Chock up another “Debbie Do It Myself” project.

I might have mentioned that I was thinking about putting a squirrel baffle on the fab birdfeeder. I had an old baffle that I wanted to use but no holder to keep it on the pole. And I didn’t want to go and buy one if I could figure out how to make one.

So I went wandering in Home Depot. That is so dangerous cuz I can find A LOT of things that I absolutely want. But I stayed focused. And I found what I thought would work. And it all cost less that $10 total.

IMG_4839

IMG_4838

Two hose clamps plus a bit of foam rubber to give a good grip. One “floor and ceiling plate for 3/4 in IPS” to make a small platform for the baffle to rest on. Voila! A squirrel baffle.

And then to be extra perfectionist I moved the feeder just a bit closer to the sliding door and just a bit farther from the railing.

And the squirrels have been unable to get to the feeder.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

IMG_4582A

Why are you so cruel to me? How will I get through the Winter? Oh my heart!

5.
I have 28 ladies coming to the house on Monday night. We have our Flocks group here next Friday night. We have the company Christmas party here a week from tomorrow. AND we have a core group of friends coming for dinner on the 16th.

And I don’t have a single decoration up.

And I haven’t done any of the food prep for Monday.

I am in such deep doo doo.

6.
I lost my drivers license this morning when I took a walk.

Oh heart pain.

I came in from walking at the lake and put my hand in my pocket to pull out my phone and my drivers license and……

I only found my phone.

Not a good feeling let me tell you.

AND I only had about 40 minutes before I had to walk out the door again for prayer partners breakfast. AND I hadn’t showered yet.

But back in the car I went and drove back over to the lake. And I couldn’t find my license. Near the end of the walk I had pulled out my phone because I had gotten two txt messages but it wasn’t in that part of the path.

And I was bordering on panic and thinking I was going to have to get a new license and not go to breakfast with my friends. And I had my heart all set on a smoothie and that thought was fading fast.

And then it occurred to me that I had had my keys in the same pocket that the license had been in. And sure enough, I walked over to the area where my car had been parked and looked around and finally found it.

Not a great way to start the day.

7.
And just for you for the Christmas Season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.