Friday, April 15, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 113)

7_quick_takes_smAh Friday has come upon us again. How the time flies these days. Below you will find my usual Friday blathering. Oh how I can blather. And when you are done reading my 7 pieces of weekly nonsense then click on the pic above to be whisked, at the speed of the weeds coming up in the garden, over to Conversion Diary to see what is happening with everyone else.

Now on with the blathering!

1.
I spent most of Saturday scanning pictures into my hard drive. And boy did I find some doozies let me tell you.

The problem is, at one point in time I wasn’t all that careful about dating the pictures. And there are a bunch of pictures where I am just not sure which year they go in. So I just assign them to a year and hope for the best.

It is my ultimate goal to have most/all of my pictures scanned onto my hard drive. That is A LOT of pictures. But I am going to get it done eventually because I like to have them available to me even after I have scrapbooked with them.

I will admit that I have a box of negatives that I found in the basement but I have no way to read them and I don’t think that matters to me anyway.

But if you could see how many pictures I have yet to scan you would throw up your hands in despair. I know I do occasionally.

2.
What happens when you have two perfectionist people who garden together as a team?

This…..

IMG_0075 IMG_0077You need to move that stake one inch to the left it isn’t perfectly aligned.

Are those strings right?

Yes, the measurements came out perfectly!

Do we have enough squares?

We need to put the stakes in going the other way.

You get the picture.

3.
And speaking of gardening…

I did four hours of it yesterday and I am a hobbling 100 year old woman today.

It wouldn’t have been quite so bad if LookLeap and I hadn’t been measuring and digging and putting in stakes yesterday afternoon on top of the several hours of work that I did around home in the morning.

Ibuprophen is my best friend today I am thinking.

4.
This is a shameless plug, cleverly inserted into the middle of my Quick Takes.

Cartoon Girl has started her webcomic. She has been working on Space Case Sally for a while now and it is great.

And I am only marginally biased.

No really, it is great.

Space Case SallyClick on the picture of Sally and go over and fall in love. She updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays I believe.

Why can’t I draw?

5.
It is time to put the Hummingbird feeders out!! And that is what I am going to be doing today. I am actually a bit late in getting them out but still OK I think.

img_6761A Total Hummingbird Obsession

6.
I just thought that you might like to see one of the pictures that I found and scanned. More will be coming next week in a new “Pictures From the Crypt” edition.

LondonA

What statement was I trying to make with the trench coat and the shockingly green bell bottom pants?

I have absolutely no idea.

Oh and you can’t really see them but I had the most wonderful, neon green flip flops on. I loved them. But they were a casualty of the trip when Pilot Man broke them as he was chasing me up a flight of steps somewhere in the Lake District I think. I didn’t speak to him for quite a while I can tell you. Especially considering the fact that I had to wear my gosh awful extra shoes the rest of the trip.

I just thought you should be warned ahead of time about the pictures.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

7.
I know that Spring has finally arrived here in the Frozen Northeast Ohio because I can hear the woodpeckers in the woods.

We have loads of Downy Woodpeckers. They love the trees and the seeds from my feeders.

We have Red-bellied Woodpeckers who have very little red on their bellies and a lot of red on their heads. In fact, I currently have one at the feeder flinging seeds out onto the ground.

But my FAVORITE is the Pileated Woodpecker. If you ever watched “Woody the Woodpecker” then you are acquainted with them sort of.

I haven’t gotten a great photo of one yet but I am working on it. And let me tell you, these things are HUGE. We have at least one nesting pair in the neighborhood and you will see them swooping around. And you can tell when they are “working on a tree” because the sound is loud, rhythmic and slower that they average woodpecker. They put more power into it, sort of like a pile driver.

Ah I love Spring here in the Frozen Northeast Ohio. All 3 days of it.

4 comments:

  1. I see that one of the stakes is off a bit. I'll be sure to go out this morning to fix it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, all the ramblings were funny, but LookLeap's comment made me laugh out loud. The apple doesn't fall far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Wednesday looked like my Wednesday...we finally did some gardening here, too. And let me tell you, at the same temp...cold here right now. At least you have lots more garden space. Cramming whatever I can into wherever I can cram it.
    LOVE Ashley's cartoon! She's mighty talented! Mr. Baumgartner would've loved working with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a TIDY garden! wow!
    Hey! I'm talking about Harry Potter today on my blog. Come check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.