Friday, November 28, 2008

7 Quick Takes (Vol1)

Well, I am going to try something that I haven't done before in the blogosphere, a regular weekly thing called "7 Quick Takes". I wish that I could claim this as an original idea, I haven't really had one of those for a long time, but it isn't. I found the idea on Conversion Diary blog and liked it (thanks Jennifer F.) So, we will give it a shot and see what happens. Go here to find out what "7 Quick Takes" are. For me they will be 7 things that I am thinking about on any given Friday. Who knows what is going to come out of my fingers! Be afraid, be very afraid.
-1-
I love spending time with my family. When my daughters are all laughing and joking together and the DH is out talking to my dad and brother. When everyone is together and just enjoying each others company it is so great. I would take that over just about anything.
-2-
At the airport, when the "Temporarily closed for cleaning" sign is out in front of the bathroom why do people seem to think that pertains to everyone but THEM. I watched a parade of people walk up to the restrooms, walk AROUND the sign, enter the bathroom only to exit quickly when they realize that yes, the sign means it is closed to all people. Hello!
-3-
I love early morning. I seem to be genetically set up to get up early and go to bed early. Here is is 6a (CST) and I have been up for an hour already. I think the thing I love most about it is that I am the only one up. Everyone else is sleeping. That is what I loved about early morning when the girls were little. It was the only part of the day that I had all to myself.
-4-
Are you on Facebook? I resisted for the longest time. I was worried that my kids would run screaming into the hills knowing that I was on Facebook. My latent teenage fears that no one would like me also reared their ugly heads. What if no one "friended" me, what if no one liked me. What would I do? But finally I gave in and set up a Facebook account. All I can say is......TOTAL ADDICTION. Just ridiculous on my part but there it is. I am now friends with people I haven't seen in years and may never see again (the wife of my high school church youth leader!?!), I am friends with people I will never meet in person. It just seems to snowball but I can't seem to stop. Help me!
-5-
I don't know what I would do without my dog Max. I am convinced that he is the smartest dog in the world. He has this internal clock that tells him, "Hey it is 3:30p and it is time for me to be fed!". When there is any kind of sporting event on the TV he quietly goes into his house and stays there because there might be yelling going on and he is a sensitive dog. He knows that we don't play until after dinner. He watches and waits and seems to know the minute that we are done eating and talking and then here he comes with his toy. Amazing.
-6-
I love books. I just thought I would tell you that in case you hadn't already figured it out. I would rather read than do almost anything else. I am not sure what I am going to do when we move. I will take plenty of books with me but are there ones that can been weaned out of the shelves. Perhaps. But it will be hard.
-7-
That first cup of coffee is one of the best things in life. In fact, the coffee is just done brewing.

Go over to Conversion Diary and check out other " 7 Quick Takes".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.