Monday, September 8, 2008

Zac Sunderland

I don't remember where I first encountered Zac Sunderland and his amazing trip, which he is still on. It has been an emotional journey and I don't even know the young man or his family.

Zac is a 16 year old American who is currently attempting to become the youngest person to circumnavigate the globe ALONE by yacht. Yup the age is correct, he is only 16. I follow his blog and his journey and it is well worth a stop over there. I can't imagine the courage of his parents in not only letting him do this but in encouraging him! My girls will tell you that I tend to panic when they haven't called in on time or are late getting back. Imagine if your 16 year old was just about to sail through the Strait of Torres and you can't raise him on the SAT phone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.