Friday, February 24, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol 154)

7_quick_takes_sm

Did anyone notice that I was one volume “off” in my numbering? I didn’t either. So, this week is Vol 154 when it REALLY should be Vol 155. I like to have all my ducks in a row and color in the lines. Yeah right.

You know the drill. When you are done here remember to click on the picture above to be whisked, at the speed of my rapidly falling caffeine level (I need more coffee) over to Conversion Diary.

Release the BLATHER!

1.
I have been singularly unproductive this week. That is the usual norm after taking a trip. I find that it is a 1:1 equation. If I am gone for a week then the week I get back is not all that productive.

Imagine what home life is like after I get back from a 2 or 3 week trip!

CHAOS!

In those instances I just try to embrace the chaos. Be the chaos. It is the only thing to do.

2.
Oh what am I going to do now that Downton Abbey is done for the season??

I can feel the lack already.

I will just have to have this YouTube video on constant loop.

And I have to say that I may HAVE to buy the series on DVD. The long, Downtonless, months ahead will be a little less empty that way.

3.
Again this year I have seen very few of the movies that are nominated for Best Oscar. In fact I have seen a total of two, Moneyball (good, but then I like anything that has to do with baseball) and War Horse (also good if long. You have to stay on your toes to follow all the threads). For a time there, until I actually looked at the list, I thought The Iron Lady was also nominated. That would have put the grand total at three. But it is not nominated which seems right because it wasn’t that good of a film to be honest.

Yes I KNOW, I haven’t seen The Help. So shoot me. I will eventually get it on Netflix and I am sure that I will like it.

And I can hear Cartoon Girl all the way from NYC yelling at me because I have yet to see The Artist. Yeah, yeah I will get to it eventually. I have to watch The Scent of Green Papaya first (that is my current Netflix)

I won’t even be watching most of the Oscars anyways because it goes WAY past my bedtime.

And no, I won’t be DVRing it either.

4.
This whole “not having a lot of snacks in the house” and “if I have to have a snack it has to be something I made” decision is killing me.

KILLING ME I tell you.

I am a snacker. I like to snack. I like to munch. I am almost 52 years old and I don’t think I am going to change now. But if it isn’t there to snack on then I cannot eat it.

How many times in recent weeks have I wondered into the pantry, intent on munching on something only to have to stand there and realize there isn’t anything that I can much ON.

I have been reduced to eating chocolate chips straight out of the bag.

I am that desperate. So I think I am going to have to make something sweet and naughty today.

Either that or things are just going to get really ugly around here.

5.
This is my favorite picture of the week.
IMG_5748A

Often times, when I am shooting a home interior, I will encounter a dog or two. I always love that because, well, because I love dogs.

This is Rocky. And he was HILARIOUS. He just followed me around and wiggled and snuffled. I just stood there and chuckled as he valiantly worked to get up on this couch.

Seriously, who couldn’t love a face like that.

6.
I have this strange habit of taking pictures of myself in the mirror. I cannot seem to help it.
IMG_5677A

IMG_5759B

I am so odd.

7.
I know I said a few weeks ago that I would do a weekly ipod photo dump and put it in a collage…..

I seem to have fallen down on that job.

Sorry.

But here, at least, are the few pictures that I have taken with Dahling. I will try to do better.

IMG_0228

My “new” purple Crocs. Purchased at Goodwill for a whopping $5. I love them.
IMG_0223

I am always sad when I see an afghan, loving made by someone, hanging all lonely and forlorn in the thrift store. I want to buy them all and bring them home.
IMG_0225

Life is very hard when you have to have your wine and appetizers out on the lanai by the pool. But someone has to do it I guess.
IMG_0233

Release the hounds!

1 comment:

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.