Friday, October 29, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 91)

7_quick_takes_sm

Tempus Fugits. So remember to click on the picture above to be whisked, with the speed of campaign money being poured into negative ads, over to Conversion Diary to see what everyone else has been doing this week.

But read mine first.

1.
Here it is Friday morning and I haven’t written my Quick Takes. I am a slug. But I am sure that I will be able to find at least 6 other worthless things that are not enough for a full blog post. Although, I can blather on enough to make even the dog hair elephants that collect around the house into a blog post. But some weeks are just like that.

2.
Well, we have decided to take the house off the market in the middle of November. I made a call this week to Joyce the stager to let her know that she can come and get her staging stuff. I am sure that there will be a longer post about the whole non sold house experience. At times it feels like a failure that we haven’t been able to sell but I know, really, that it isn’t a failure on our part. I just have to get beyond the actual date and think about it for a while.

3.
November 2 cannot come fast enough for me. I am SICK SICK SICK of these of political ads. I really think we should change the way we do elections around here. The election season should start 6 weeks before the actual date. Before that time you can’t even talk about your campaign. Spend all the money you want during that time but not before. Doesn’t it feel like the campaigning season just never ends. All too soon we will be seeing ads for the 2012 election.

Thank goodness for the mute button.

4.
James MacArthur died yesterday!! He who was the studly side kick on Hawall 5-0. Oh how I loved Hawaii 5-0 when I was growing up, and I will admit to a crush on James MacArthur. I loved the show almost as much as I loved Starsky and Hutch. I was so wild for Starsky and Hutch that I could tell you, down to the minute, how long I had before the next episode. I thought about Starsky and Hutch, I dreamed about Starsky and Hutch. I lived Starsky and Hutch.

I was just a sad, sad person in high school. Sigh.

Book ‘Em Danno!

5.
So, how do you handle Halloween candy? Do you get something that you like, hoping that you won’t give all of it away? Hoping that you don’t open up the bags before the big day.

We live in a neighborhood that isn’t overrun with Trick or Treaters. There is a lot of space between houses so what happens is that people will actually drive their kids around the neighborhood. Or pull them in a cart behind the tractor. But we don’t even get a ton. So I have to admit that I buy candy that I know we will want to eat starting about 8p on 10/31. And I buy more than I think we will need.

But this year, thank goodness, I have managed not to open the bags before time. But it has been tough and at times dicey thing. I have Reese’s Peanut Butter cups.

And I LOVE those.

But I also have some Dum Dum suckers. And I am giving those out first. Just to preserve the Peanut Butter cups. I am terrible.

6.
I am almost finished with Socktoberfest socks #2. I will finish today. And if I am really a crazy person I might, and a great emphasis on might, be able to finish my Gryffindor socks as well. I will be a happy girl if I do. That would be three pair of socks in one month.

I am a sock machine.

Now if I had just cleaned my house this month.

7.
Oh yes, and on the subject of Trick or Treaters.

I have a peeve.

I know, I know. Deb has a peeve, quel suprise.

If you are over the age of 10 it really, REALLY irritates me to see you coming to my door and asking for candy.

REALLY irritates me.

And if puberty and you are walking hand in hand down the road of life.

And you knock on my door.

You had better not have your hand out for candy.

You had better be telling me that I should vote or trying to sell me a Band Booster calendar or magazine or something.

But you had better not be asking for candy.

Go buy your own.

4 comments:

  1. First off....no pictures?

    #2 - I'd love to see pictures of your house. Can you send me a link to the real estate site? Not that we're looking, but hubby does want to move north some day.

    #5 - Yes. Sour candy for me. Chocolate for them.

    #7 - I allow up to 13 before the sarcastic comments come with the candy hand-out ("next time bring your wife too, ok?").

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree with you more on #3. The only thing I would add is that negative ads should not be allowed. Don't tell me all about the horrible things 'your opponent' has done, tell me what you ARE going to DO!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took us 2.5 years to sell our Maryland house. We had a whopping 7 showings in those years. My house looked like HGTV the whole time. I feel your non-selling pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that Dums Dums are very dangerous for your children? Little kids suck on them until the stick separates from the candy and then that round little blob of candy is the perfect size to get caught in their throat and choke them....Chances are slim but just thought I'd share :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.