It must be the fault of that glowing orb in the sky, that bringer of brightness, that thing that Icarus flew to close to (thought I would throw that little piece of mythology in there)....the sun. I was dazzled by the appearance today of that thing we have seen so little of and when I sat down to write, to blog, to muse....there was nothing. Nada. Zilcho. Zip. A big empty space where thoughts should be.
Oh what to do, what to do.
And then, like a ray of light, like a knightess in shining armor, Dandy from Spontaneous Clapping came to my rescue and tickled me pink all at the same time.
Just as an aside, can you be tickled pink? It sounds painful and I would rather not have it happen to me. But the phrase popped up in my brain, ran down my arms and out the ends of my fingers and onto the screen where it refuses to leave, despite repeated attempts to delete.
Now back to our regularly scheduled post. So, Dandy awarded me this......
An "Honest Scrap" award (who thinks up these things?). I must tell you ten honest things about myself. No fudging, no tall tales. Just honesty until it hurts and I beg for mercy. Don't say that you haven't been warned. And if you make it all the way to the end then I will award this to 9 other blogs who I love and read every day. I wouldn't lie to YOU, only to myself. That is why the next few minutes are going to be so painful.
And away we go....
1. I absolutely LOATH anything with a banana flavoring. I cannot stress that enough people, loath is not too strong a word for it. I can make it through one banana if it is just at a particular ripeness but barely. I attribute this banana aversion to the fact that while in nursing school some of us had the bright idea to go on the "egg/hot dog/banana diet" which meant that the first day you ate only 9 eggs, the second day only 9 hot dogs and the third day only 9 bananas. Then the fourth day you died from either high cholesterol, preservative poisoning or abnormally high levels of potassium and didn't need to worry about dieting anymore. And you can't stand bananas after that. Of course, this does not apply to any types of banana bread. Those I love.
2. Organizing things makes my heart sing like Maria Von Tropp on the mountain top (hey that rhymes!). You want to make me happy then present me with a room that needs to be organized and I am your woman.
3. I can wiggle my ears. It comes in very handy when you have to name something that no one else knows about you. Don't tell anyone because then I wouldn't be able to pull them out at parties and astound my friends.
4. I am totally bored with the thought of taking a vacation of any length at a resort. Crazy I know but I will be bored after about two days. HHBL and I take.....different kinds of vacations. Where some people go to Cancun or the Bahamas....we go to Ghana or India or Peru or Australia or Israel. And when we are there we are doing things like visiting microfinance groups in the slums or taking overnite train trips where we are the only non-hindi speaking individuals on a train that has 3000 people on it. Or perhaps crossing swaying rope bridges 200 feet above the forest floor. What can I say, we are just not "resort people".
5. I love to get in bed at 9p and watch TV or read. Don't call me after 10p cuz I will be asleep.
6. I am extremely afraid of snakes. My nephew showed me how he feeds his boa and I will NEVER be the same. Thanks Austin.
7. I know all the dialouge from the movie "The Hunt For Red October". Oh I love that movie. Oh I love Sean Connery. Alec Baldwin, ehhhhhh not so much.
8. I cannot spell worth a darn. If no one had ever invented spell check I would be doomed to a life of misspelled words and incomprehensible posting that no one could read. I also love commas way too much. We are destined to be together for all time.
9. I have a great fear of swimming in the ocean. Darn you "Jaws" for freaking me out so much in 1975 that if I can't see what is under my feet I am not going out there. What makes this even wierder is that I love to snorkle. Go figure.
Now I am passing this along to 9 of my favorite bloggers. You can participate or not as the mood strikes you but just remember that honesty is good for what ails you.
Roots and Rings
This Heavenly Life
2nd Cup of Coffee
Lauren From Texas
Kitchen with Kids
The Provident Woman
Come Sit By My Fire