Monday, June 29, 2009

Better Than a Harlequin Romance

For some time I have been checking out the Pioneer Woman blog. I don't remember where I actually found it (isn't that always the way with these darn blogs) but I love it. However, I had never gotten around the reading how she met her husband "Marlboro Man".

I have to say that right now, in my life, I have A LOT of things to do. We have company coming today (Hi Tim and Ardith), I am still getting my act together after being in Utah for 5 days, it is Monday and I go grocery shopping on Monday which means I do my planning on Sunday, the gardens need weeding BAD, cleaning, cooking, laundry......you get the picture. So what do I do for HOURS yesterday afternoon and evening? I sit at my computer and read all GAZILLION chapters of "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". OK, OK it was only 45 chapters and some of them are short but some of them are long. I was totally hooked after the first chapter. I mean hooked. Ree Drummond isn't kidding when she tells you to have a box of Kleenex and a fan handy!

Let me assure you that there isn't anything in these chapters that you couldn't read to your kids but still the whole story is "fan worthy". You must find the time to sit down and read through the whole thing. I may have to do it again, in fact I know I will.

2 comments:

  1. I read her blog too! Cute kids. I follow this blog every darn day... notesfromthetrenches.com. She is very funny and has 7 kids that she home-schools(6 boys and one girl- God rest her soul)I think you'll like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have checked the blog out and it has been added to the daily reading list. Great Mander, more things to suck me into this internet trap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.